"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"I tried System Restore, but was only able to restore it 3 days earlier, and it didn't help any. I tried disabling and uninstalling the drivers to no avail. I even unplugged the drives from the power source and moved them around then plugged them back in hoping to jar something into recognition. I spent hours searching forums for an answer and finally came across this site which suggested deleting some entries in the registry. Very Risky, but I thought it was worth a try. So after exporting my registry I made the recommended deletions and restarted, and Voila! it worked! Craziness. Hopefully Windows 7 will be a little more reliable.
Here are the instructions I followed (Repeat them at your own risk!):
- Click MY COMPUTER at the top of the list, click FILE, then EXPORT
- Browse to a folder that is esy to access such as My Documents
- Type a filenme that is easy to remember, such as RegBackup
- Click SAVE to backup the registry.
- Click the small plus sign (+) next to each of the following folders
- CONTROLSET001 (IF the default value data was 1) or Controlset002 (If the default value data was 2)